Mining and Metals
We have one of the most competent mining law practices in Uganda. We have advised on more mining transactions than any other law firm in Uganda, including the largest project ever in Uganda’s mining sector.
Our practice includes:
- Advising clients on preparation of applications for all types of mineral rights and the requirements for retention of such mineral rights;
- Advising clients on all maters relating to acquisition of surface rights necessary for operation under different types of mineral rights in Uganda;
- Advising clients on all permits required under Ugandan law to conduct operations under all types of mineral rights, and the requirements for retention of such permits;
- Advising clients on disposal and transfer of all types of mineral rights and the tax implication of such transactions;
- Advising clients on the negotiation and drafting of all agreements in the mining business, including agreements for exploration, mining and other services in the mining business, and agreements for acquisition and disposal of mineral rights;
- Appearing before any court, tribunal or government official to oppose or defend any administrative or judicial decision in respect to any mineral right or permit required to conduct operations under any mineral right;
- Acting as counsel or expert on Ugandan law aspects of any domestic or international arbitration in respect to disputes arising out of clients operations under any licence or project agreement.
Choose another Practice Area