Oil and Gas
We have one of the most competent oil and gas law practices in Uganda. We are advising some of the largest E&P companies and service providers in Uganda.
We have advised a consortium on all aspects of procurement, negotiation and contract documentation for the construction of the first ever oil refinery project in Uganda.
Our practice includes:
- Advising clients on all aspects of procurement, negotiation and contract documentation for the acquisition of petroleum exploration and production rights in Uganda;
- Advising clients on all matters relating to acquisition of surface rights necessary for operation under different types of petroleum rights in Uganda;
- Advising clients on all permits required under Ugandan law to conduct petroleum operations under all types of petroleum licenses, and the requirements for retention of such permits;
- Advising clients on disposal and transfer of all types of petroleum licence and the tax implication of such transactions;
- Advising clients on the negotiation and drafting of all agreements in the oil and gas business, including agreements for exploration and other services in the oil and gas business;
- Appearing before any court, tribunal or government official to oppose or defend any administrative or judicial decision in respect to any mineral right or permit required to conduct operations under any petroleum licence;